Privacy: Talks and some clearly marked events will be recorded and shared by the organizers for public consumption. For privacy reasons, recording, screenshotting or retransmission of video streams from the conference platform is not allowed. Textual communications on conference-provided channels are also private.
Names: Attendees must use their professional names and affiliations for registration and all conference activities. Special circumstances may be discussed with the general chair.
Anti-harassment and non-discrimination: The open exchange of ideas and the freedom of thought and expression are central to the aims and goals of SIGPLAN; these require an environment that recognizes the inherent worth of every person and group, that fosters dignity, understanding, and mutual respect, and that embraces diversity. SIGPLAN is dedicated to providing a harassment- and discriminatioon-free conference. In particular, attendees and organisers must abide by the ACM Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment. We expect all the participants to use welcoming and inclusive language, to be respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences, to gracefully accept constructive criticism, to focus on what is best for the community, and to show empathy towards other community members. There is no tolerance for unwelcome, hostile, or disruptive behaviour or speech that intimidates, creates discomfort, or interferes with a person’s participation or opportunity for participation at the conference and all associated events. Conference participants violating these standards may be expelled from this and future conferences.
Getting help: If you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior, here are steps you can take:
- For immediate action on Clowdr (for example, to request removal of offensive posts on text chat channels), click the “shield” icon to notify the platform moderators or send email to email@example.com.
- If you are unsure about what to do and want to talk in confidence with a friendly representative of SIGPLAN’s Committee to Aid REporting (CARES) contact one of the following contact persons:
- Shriram Krishnamurthi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alexandra Silva (email@example.com)
- David Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Stephanie Weirich (email@example.com)
- To file an official report, contact POPL’s general chair, Andreas Podelski (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will take appropriate action and report the incident to ACM if necessary.