Continuing the tradition of previous years, POPL 2021 will host a set of tutorials ranging on different topics relevant to the POPL community.
Call for Tutorials
CALL FOR TUTORIALS POPL 2021 48th ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages POPL: 20 - 22 January 2021 Affiliated Events: 17-19 January 2021 Venue: Online https://popl21.sigplan.org/
The 48th ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL 2021) will be held online.
POPL provides a forum for the discussion of fundamental principles and important innovations in the design, definition, analysis, transformation, implementation and verification of programming languages, programming systems, and programming abstractions.
Tutorials for POPL 2021 are solicited on any topic relevant to the POPL community. We are particularly encouraging submissions of introductory tutorials that make the research presented at POPL more accessible to the participants.
Tutorials will be held on Monday January 18, 2021 (two days before the main conference and the day before PLMW). The expected length of a tutorial is 3 hours, including questions and discussion (Q&A).
Due to the pandemic and POPL being held online, the tutorials will be online only. The presenter should divide the tutorials into smaller parts, followed by a Q&A session after each such part to answer the questions from the audience. If a tutorial is prerecorded, participants will be given the opportunity to post questions; the presenter will answer these questions during the live Q&A session. The Q&A session will be recorded.
- Deadline for submission: 28 October 2020
- Notification of acceptance: 4 November 2020
A tutorial proposal should provide the following information.
- Tutorial title
- Presenter(s), affiliation(s), and contact information
- 1-3 page description (for evaluation). This should include the objectives, topics to be covered, presentation approach, target audience, prerequisite knowledge, and if the tutorial was previously held, the location (i.e. which conference), date, and number of attendees if available.
- 1-2 paragraph abstract suitable for tutorial publicity.
- 1 paragraph biography suitable for tutorial publicity.